Fifth annual Public Interest Retreat planned for Friday, Oct. 18
Student Life | Comments Off
Office of Communications and Public Relations
September 30, 2013
The fifth annual Public Interest Retreat will be held beginning at noon on Friday, Oct. 18, in Room 1312 of the Worrell Professional Center. This year the retreat will focus on public interest lawyers and their career paths, according to organizers.
This event is open to all law students and lunch will be served. As part of the retreat, two panels of public interest lawyers will talk about their career paths and discuss the necessity of public interest law as well as the joy that public interest careers can bring.
Following the criminal law panel at noon, a civil law panel will begin 1 p.m. followed by a reception at 2 p.m.
Panelists will include:
- Christine Bischoff, North Carolina Justice Center
- Greg Davis, Federal Public Defender
- Dale Deese, Legal Aid of Pembroke
- Valene Franco, Legal Aid of North Carolina
- Randall Galyon, U.S. Attorney for the Middle District of North Carolina
- Harvey Kennedy, civil rights attorney in Winston-Salem
- Mike Silver, Forsyth County Assistant District Attorney
- Jackie Willingham (’11), Wake County Public Defender
Please RSVP on Simplicity by Wednesday, Oct. 16, if you are interested in attending. For more information, contact Elizabeth Mutisya at email@example.com.