Professor Timothy Davis to speak at The National Sports Law Institute of Marquette University Law School annual conference on Friday, Oct. 18
Research | Comments Off
Office of Communications and Public Relations
October 16, 2013
Professor Timothy Davis will speak at The National Sports Law Institute of Marquette University Law School annual conference on Friday, Oct. 18.
The conference will feature panels discussing current legal and business issues in Olympic and international dispute resolution, the third edition of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) code, the NCAA infractions process, current litigation in collegiate athletics and current legal and business issues in collegiate athletics.
There will be a variety of panelists at the conference:
- Paul M. Anderson, Associate Director, National Sports Law Institute, Adjunct Professor of Law, Marquette University Law School, and Chair, Sports & Entertainment Law Section, State Bar of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Matt Banker, Assistant Commissioner for Institutional Services, Ohio Valley Conference, Nashville, Tenn. (L’01)
- Jeff Benz, Benz Law Group/Benz ADR, Adjunct Law Professor, Pepperdine University & ISDE, Los Angeles, Calif., and Member, Court of Arbitration for Sport, Lausanne, Switzerl, and Member, NSLI Board of Advisors
- Sarah Bobert, Senior Associate AD for Internal Operations/SWA, Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Mary K. Braza, Partner and Chair, Sports Industry Team, Foley & Lardner LLP, Milwaukee, Wis., and member, NSLI Board of Advisors
- John P. Collins, Partner, Collins & Collins, Chicago, Ill., and member, NSLI Board of Advisors
- Timothy Davis, John W. & Ruth H. Turnage Professor of Law, School of Law, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, and member, NSLI Board of Advisors
- Jon Duncan, Interim Vice President of Enforcement, NCAA, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Richard Evrard, Collegiate Sports Practice Group with Bond Schoeneck & King in Overland Park, Kan.
- Kristina Giddings, Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance, University of Maryland, College Park, Md. (L’06)
- Martin J. Greenberg, Managing Member, Law Office of Martin J. Greenberg, LLC, Milwaukee, Wis., Adjunct Professor of Law, Marquette University Law School, member, NSLI Board of Advisors
- Christopher Griffin, partner, and member of Sports Industry Team, Foley & Lardner, LLP, Tampa, Fla.; member and Appeals Coordinator, NCAA Division I Committee on Infractions; former member and chair, NCAA Division I Infractions Appeals Committee; founding member and former chair, Outback Bowl, Tampa; former NCAA Division I scholar-athleteA
- Onye Ikwuakor, Legal Affairs Director, U.S. Anti-Doping Agency, Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Howard Jacobs, Law Offices of Howard Jacobs, Westlake Village, Calif.
- Rick Karcher, Professor of Law, Florida Coastal School of Law, Jacksonville, Fla.
- Michael Lenard, Vice President, International Council of Arbitration for Sport, Lausanne, Switzerland; President, CAS ad hoc Division, XXII Olympic Winter Games; Senior Managing Director, Paladin Realty Partners/William E. Simon & Sons, Los Angeles, Calif.
- John Long, Assistant to the University President for Athletic Compliance, Southeastern Louisiana University, Hammond, La. (L’09)
- Scott McDonald, Associate Athletic Director for Compliance, Student Services and Donor Relations, Winthrop University, Rock Hill, S.C. (L’03)
- Richard McLaren, Professor of Law, Western University, Faculty of Law London, Ontario, Canada; Counsel to McKenzie Lake Lawyers LLP; Member, Court of Arbitration for Sport, Lausanne, Switzerland; President the Basketball Arbitration Tribunal, Geneva, Switzerland and Chair, NSLI Board of Advisors
- Keith Miller, Associate Athletic Director for Compliance, Baylor University, Waco, TX (L’01)
- Matthew J. Mitten, Professor of Law and Director, National Sports Law Institute and LL.M. in Sports Law Program for Foreign Lawyers, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Brent Moberg, Director of Compliance, University of Notre Dame, South Bend, Ind. (L’04)
- Bill Nesnidal, Assistant Director of Enforcement, Football Group, NCAA, Indianapolis, Ind. (L’11)
- Josephine (Jo) R. Potuto, Faculty Athletics Representative and Richard H. Larson Professor of Constitutional Law, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Neb.
- Dan Rohrer, Associate Director of Compliance, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wis. (L’06)
- John Ruger, Athlete Ombudsmen, United States Olympic Committee, Colorado Springs, Colo., and member, NSLI Board of Advisors
- Rodney Smith, Distinguished Professor of Law and Director, Center for Sports Law and Policy, Thomas Jefferson School of Law, San Diego, Calif., and member, NSLI Board of Advisors
- Christian Spears, Deputy Director of Athletics, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, Ill.
The event will take place at Marquette University Law School in Milwaukee, Wis. For more information visit the university’s website here.