Posted: May 23rd, 2017 | By: Caitlin Herlihy
Ray Bretzmann (BA ’71, JD ’74), Robert Ramseur (BA ’92, JD ’95) and Susan Harman-Scott (JD ‘86) of Manteo are among those who will receive Citizen Lawyer Awards on Friday, June 23, recently received the North Carolina Bar Association Citizen Lawyer Award. Bretzmann and Ramseur are two of 12 lawyers among the 10th class of Citizen Lawyer Award recipients who will be recognized at the 2017 NCBA Annual Meeting scheduled June 22-25, 2017, at The Omni Grove Park Inn in Asheville for exemplary public service to their communities. Bretzmann serves on the board of multiple community organizations and owns his own practice in High Point, North Carolina. Ramseur is the Partner/Chair of the Real Estate Department at Ragsdale Liggett in Raleigh, North Carolina. Harman-Scott has her firm, Susan Harman-Scott, Attorney at Law, in Manteo.
The original story about the 2017 Citizen Lawyer Award Winners, which was published on the NCBA website, follows:
The Local Bar Outreach Committee of the North Carolina Bar Association is awarding the NCBA Citizen Lawyer Award for 2017 to the recipients listed below.
The Citizen Lawyer Award was established by the North Carolina Bar Association in 2007 to recognize lawyers who provide exemplary public service to their communities.
Honorees include elected and appointed government officials, coaches, mentors and voluntary leaders of non-profit, civic and community organizations.
The Citizen Lawyer Committee of the NCBA Young Lawyers Division, in conjunction with the NCBA Local Bar Outreach Committee, provides expanded coverage of the Citizen Lawyer Award recipients in recognition of their volunteer service and leadership in their communities and beyond. The articles are hyperlinked below.
This year’s recipients are:
- Raymond Bretzmann, Bretzmann & Aldridge, High Point
- Mittie Smith, Mittie R. Smith, Attorney at Law, High Point
- Brandon Lofton, Robinson Bradshaw & Hinson, Charlotte
- Robert Ramseur, Ragsdale Liggett, Raleigh
- Jim Morgan, Morgan Herring Morgan Green Rosenblutt & Gill, High Point
- Forrest Ferrell, Sigmon Clark Mackie Hanvey & Ferrell, Hickory
- Kathy Manning, Manning & Associates, Greensboro
- Katherine Wiggins Fisher, Battle Winslow Scott & Wiley, Rocky Mount
- Phillip Hornthal III, Hornthal Riley Ellis & Maland, Elizabeth City
- Susan Harman-Scott, Susan Harman-Scott, Attorney at Law, Manteo
- Jean Carter, McGuireWoods, Raleigh
- Ana Sofia Nunez, Fay & Grafton, Raleigh
Presentation of the awards will take place on Friday, June 23, at the Friday morning General Session. Previous recipients of the award are denoted here.